Double Chin

Friday, March 10, 2006

Crazy lifedrawing

I went to Brian Halladin's lifedrawing class in Toronto this evening. I haven't been there in several weeks, and have lifedrawn a total of twice in the past 5 months (I'm not in school right now.) So I was quite frightened of how my drawings would be. But, much to my shock and relief, I was able to get into the right mindframe, and enjoy exploring the figure, to an extent to which I have been unable to do for over half a year. I'm still not at the level of lifedrawing confidence I used to be, but this is a good step back towards it.


In this drawing, we were allowed to play with the figure, taking the pose that the model took, and drawing them as some sort of creature (adding limbs, changing proportions, and combining human with animal features.) It was very freeing and extremely fun. And I went much more bold with shading than I normally do. There are some areas that seem a bit sloppy, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to loosen up.

2 Comments:

  • Yikes I didn't know you had a blog!

    Find out new things every day.

    I'll keep checking back!

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 3:17 AM  

  • Wohooo!! You're in the blogging pool too. 'tis Steph XD! Do not vorreeh Sarah, your drawin arrfine

    By Blogger S. Stephani Soejono, at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home