Double Chin

Monday, March 20, 2006

sometimes i like to draw

Alrighty, I've got some new sketches all scanned up!

These are drawings of the lovely Samantha Morton. I don't think I've quite got her captured, yet, but I'm still working on it. She has such a fascinating face. I'd love to do a painting, using her face for a character.

This was a funny looking guy on the bus. I felt like I was really sticking it to the man, when I drew him. That is, if sticking it to the man meant noticing that he had slightly smaller hands than is normal, and exaggerating that for my own amusement. It probably doesn't, but I'm still satisfied.



Some neat bus ladies. (well, the full body sketch isn't a lady... that's some man. mere technicalities.) My drawings seem to crowd together and/or overlap a lot in my sketchbooks.

A little pen doodle of two women, drawing while watching Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blonds. Man, that movie was halarious. I love Marilyn, I don't care how cliche that is. She's popular for a REASON.


I finally figured a bit better some of the features that distinguish caucaisans from asians. And the guy was this awesome old security guard I was chatting with, he had a great head (and was a funny guy to boot). The lady I just made up. Look at her! She's so middle aged!



I think I need to take a nap. My brain won't sit still lately, and I'm exhausted.

2 Comments:

  • my favorite is the character on the right on the first page of this post. Great sense of character in that face! If you or anyone you know is interested I have a digital painting class at Sheridan starting April 27. Check out my blog for more info

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:35 AM  

  • cooool drawings!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home