Double Chin

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Incredible Painters

I've been discovering many historical painters and artists, lately, that have left my mind reeling and throbbing with ideas and inspiration. There have been such brilliant people, such extrodinary work... Alice Neel, again, that brutally truthful painter of portraits; Edvard Munch, expressionist explorer into the depths of the instinct, emotions, and archtypes; Egon Schiele, intense and sexual and breathtaking lifedrawings; Kandinsky, a Russian painter of vibrancy and color; Arnold Bocklin... and so many more. I'm overwhelmed with a need to paint, aspire to create work with a fraction as much force and life and urgency as these people have. I'm terrified, as well; I don't feel up to the challange; when I sit to paint, so many ideas flood my brain and I can't order them, can't make sense.... the only solution is to simply sit down and start painting, and eventually the work will sort itself out.

Alice Neel

Edvard Munch

Egon Schiele

Wassily Kandinsky

Arnold Bocklin

3 Comments:

  • Definetly a big fan of egon schiele...

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 3:49 AM  

  • mmmm, egon schiele ::drool::
    I agree. Hey, so congrats about Pixar, man, that's really highly awesome!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8:19 AM  

  • Heh, guess I should check if people respond to my damn comments, whooops!

    Thanks. I still don't really know what to think of it (Pixar) but it's pretty swell that they're finally comin' up here!

    I hear Gerry (the third year life drawing teacher) shows a lot of Egon's work. What a cool name he has.

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home