Double Chin

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Marker ladies

Markers and I are continuing to negotiate our hostile relationship. The talks are making some progress.


I'm still a bit heavy handed with them and make lots of little mistakes (sloppy/unconfident lines, ugly color placements, etc.) But overall I'm feeling good about this direction. I'm getting more free and experimental with my color choices. And I'm getting better at drawing hair- I've always just ignored drawing the hair on people, leaving it very sketchy or abstract or just plain ugly... so yay, that's getting better too (with room for improvement, granted.) yay!

PS. the tan colored marker in the bg of the second pic grew angry during the negotiations and chose to dry out as I used it, in defiance. What a bastard. But I kinda like the rough look that resulted, so I WIN, MARKER!

PPS. I totally want to move to Portland. There's such a fantastic art community growing in that city, and it sounds like such a beautiful place to live. Too bad I'm not American (makes it a bit harder to go live and work in an american city.)

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger crsP, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home