Double Chin

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sketches

These are a few of the things I've doodled out the last couple days:


These first ones I drew after copying a page from a little kid's coloring book, and I wanted to try out some of the line work idea's from it. Just some randomness, and of course lotsa nudies. Bodies are so much fun to draw. Note the use of COLOR in the sketchbook. This rarely happens, so I'm very proud of myself.



Yeah, so fetuses! I find that babies make for some interesting imagery (actual fetus' even more so; need to get some more reference of what those crazy little half formed alien things look like.)
A coyote. Sortof. I don't draw animals often, but I'm finding that some of them make really interesting archetypal images to put in a picture, so I've set out to learn to draw them better. Drawing the taxidermy animals at the Field Museum in Chicago helped. Oh Field Museum, I love you. I hope I can find something similar in Toronto.
The Indian goddess Kali-Ma. She's a dark goddess of death and carnage, but also life and rebirth. She wears earrings made of the corpses of children. That is brutally badass in a very 'but our culture is too sensitive, refined, and compassionate for such HORRORS!" kind of way. This sketch annoys me in style, as it harkens back to my more disney-esque days. That pose is pretty stiff, too. But check out that belt made of arms!! Isn't that frickin awesome?
Aaaaand one more little Kali for the road. wearing a skirt, and looking like a highschool student. hm.

The photos from my trip didn't turn out so well, much to my displeasure. So I will sift through them for the few worth scanning, asap.

2 Comments:

  • i totally saw you yesterday and forgot to ask how your trip was!!! bleh...so how was your trip? haha

    By Blogger Kristin, at 6:22 PM  

  • Hey Kristen!
    My trip was incredibly super awesome! The more important issue at hand is: how did the water on those guy's chairs go? I saw Faruk (I really have NO clue how to spell his name...) not long after, and I didn't see any pee-like water on his pants, much to my sadness.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home