Double Chin

Friday, May 12, 2006

ink doodling




The knees of the girl in the last one makes me think of Steamboat Itchy, when Itchy shoots Scratchy's knees out, and when Scratchy crawls along the floor, it leaves two trails behind him. Cartoon violence. I love it.
It could use some color to clarify this, but she's holding an internal organ in her hand.

I'm developing some personal iconography that reminds me in some ways of the later work of Philip Guston. Paticularily the simplified, flat buildings.

2 Comments:

  • I like the top group of images.

    Hey, by the way, it's Samantha Morton's birthday today.

    Go give her a call or something.

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 12:24 PM  

  • EHHH!! It IS? Man, I can't beleive you knew that... and that you remembered that I love her. That's amazing!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home