Double Chin

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Lifedrawing

Tonight my epic re-engagement with lifedrawing continued! It went a bit better than last week; no great drawings, but there was a proportionately higher number that had that elusive 'something' that starts to hint at how much I adore drawing the human body.


30 sec.


1 min


1 min



1 min

5 min
(there's lots of problems here, but the foot and the right hand... they make me happy.)


Having spent most of the session drawing large with conte (that size and medium has always been a struggle for me,) I rewarded myself with drawing a some poses in my sketchbook with a pen. I felt much more at home doing that; it was relaxing.


Today I borrowed from the library three issues of the design periodical, "Print". It's really exciting to read articles about design, because in some way's it's so different from animation and illustration. But it uses a lot of the same basic visual principals. And... I don't know, it's just really interesting to learn about issues in another field... the one I've been reading so far is concerning the responsibilities today to design for sustainability. I must confess that I've been quite cynical in regards to the environment, bitterly believing that "I'm just one person, there's no way anything I do can make any difference." That's being challanged, and I like that. It gives me hope.

And I'm still reading Nabokov's Lolita. Such an incredible, brilliantly written, effectively disturbing work. Absolutely amazing.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home