Double Chin

Monday, May 01, 2006

Lots of pictures in this post. Horray! Pictures R Fun!

Hmm, it's been a few days since I've posted! I've been distracted by the visiting Eric, but today that muse departed for Montreal, and I'm going to have to find new things to draw and become entranced in. Boo!!

This weekend there was an end of year, animation student party, and some non-animation students that showed up started fighting like drunken savages. Eric was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got punched, choked, and smashed on the head with a beer bottle. He had to go to the emergency room, where they put STAPLES into his HEAD!! I almost passed out when I saw them, it was terribly gruesome. But lucky for him, chicks did scars, and soon he's head will be even MORE irresistable to lusty women worldwide. He was very put off by the whole awful experience.
Here's Eric's Brain-Staples.


That night, Eliot and I walked to the hospital to see Eric, having drank 4 cups of coffee a piece, as well an Extremo (or something) energy drink that they don't even sell in Canada; it was an attempt to sober up, but I think they just mixed unsettlingly with the alcohol. Anyway, so we were walking through Oakville residential streets at 2 or 3 in the morning, and the next day was a spring cleaning garbage pickup day, so homes had piles of old appliances and wood and furniture and boxes of random stuff out front. It was a very surreal night. So, I found tons of pieces of wood I wanted to paint on, but they were too big to carry. And Eliot found a long pole with what looked like golf balls on each end, and decided that it was his Gandolf staff. I think it was more of an awesome poking-people-from-a-distance stick. Then in a cardboard box, I found a faded scrapbook, filled the cards, announcements, childhood drawings, and other memorabilia for the first 5 or so years of one 'Jaclyn''s life. How could someone throw that away? It's now MINE.
This absolutely AMAZING little card was in the scrapbook. So find that's so DEFINITELY worth becoming a garbage-picker. Aw-yeah.

I don't know if that story was going anywhere. But anyway, it was a strange, weird walk. A firetruck drove by us, as Eliot swung his Gandolf stick and I tucked Jaclyn's precious memories under my arm. I wondered what would happen if I fell into the street and a was run over, how trying that would be for Eliot- one friend in emergency for a head cut open in a fight, another smashed in the roadway on the way there. When I ran the thought by him, it freaked him out a little. There was no wood to knock on, so I stomped on the cement instead. When we finally arrived at the hospital, Eric was alone in the waiting room, still waiting to get in and be stitched up. This is a sketch I did there. I hate lead because it always smudges up in sketchbooks.

And these are from me being the cliche, "creepy girlfriend that draws you while you're trying to get some sleep". hehehe. Sucks to be him.

In the last one, I was experimenting with a new way of applying acrylics. But Eric was too busy sleeping to realize that he had to hold still for me, so he rolled over right after I'd only blocked in his basic flesh form. So I had to make pretty much everything up. Fortunately, it was still a victory, because I figured out some neat new techniques with paint. Admittedly, my figure and drapery painting needs some work, but one thing at a time. hehe. funny thing is, after I finished the sketch, I realized that I neglected to paint in his beard. haha, I demasulinize you for rolling over in the middle of a session!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home