Double Chin

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Zoo sketches

My favorite drawings from the St.Louis zoo. (which btw is a fantastic zoo with lots of cute kids. Oh, and animals.)


Me drawing the bears at said zoo.


The way that I've been drawing lately, it's terribly ovbious that I havn't lifedrawn much in over a year. I miss it, and am glad to get back to it this summer. I want that feeling of energy and structure back in my drawings.

I think it's also time to end my hiatus from drawing with pencils. There's an exploration of form and volume that pencil drawing lends itself to.

In closing, please behold the most delicious pecan-filled waffle to ever be consumed by a visitor to Vicksburg, Mississippi. Yes, the blessed breakfaster was, indeed, I. Oh, my good Lord be praised.



9 Comments:

  • The zoo drawings look great! You're crazy/waayyy too hard on yourself.

    Keep on' drawin!

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 2:53 PM  

  • hey Alan! thaaaaanks :D You're sweet. See you at life drawing Wednesday!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 5:59 PM  

  • Hey.. that's crazy.. you can take photos of yourself with no hands!

    Or is that a false arm holding the pen? *dun dun dunnnnn*

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 8:15 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 10:48 PM  

  • Oh COME ON. Don't be rediculous, I don't have a fake arm. Sheesh.

    I took the picture with my foot.

    ...or, I dunno, maybe Eric took it. Who keeps track of such things, really?

    :p

    man, I'm gonna turn off the Word Verification feature on my blog. That thing is bloody irritating, eh?

    By Blogger Sarah, at 10:50 PM  

  • hey Sarah.. remember me??

    nice animal drawings u got there...

    By Blogger Mark, at 12:26 PM  

  • Hey Mark! How's it going? Of course I remember you!
    I'm glad you like the drawings. You've got some prime sketches up in your blog, yourself!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 5:24 PM  

  • Is that a WAFFLE HOUSE PECAN WAFFLE? (Stomach growls).

    By Blogger Kitty Laverne, at 1:00 PM  

  • You are most correct, ma'am. Waffle House knows their waffles. As do you, I see!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home