Double Chin

Saturday, June 03, 2006

hair and face rendering...

Inspired by the exquisitely shaded sketches Sub Lee, and the work of Renee French (who heart's Renee French? I heart Renee French.), I'm trying my hand at some rendering/shading. Good way to establish a better sense of values (to use in both my sketching and painting), and to try to extend my patience. I will beat you, Attention Deficit Disorder! Damn you!
I didn't make it past the head and hair on these pieces... but that's actually a victory, as I used to never put any time into the hair- I would be bored after completing the face. I actually learned a lot about rendering hair, it was pretty darned exciting!



Next image was done from reference:
I talked to Eric yesterday. And I've been in a happy grinning mood ever since. I'm such a sucker. Damn him, and damn my shmuck heart.

3 Comments:

  • Thats realy nice shading. I have the same problem when it comes to shading as well, I'd just get borded of the drawing and not finsh rendering it.

    By Blogger Phil ROD, at 10:35 PM  

  • Thanks Phil! I guess that's why we study animation, eh? Taking no more than a few minutes on a drawing and then getting to move to something else. Hey, I really loved those hand studies that you posted a couple days ago (I probably should mention that in a comment there, rather than here, huh?)
    Hope you're having a good summer!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7:37 PM  

  • Hehe suckers with ADD. *points and laughs*

    I have the complete opposite problem. I spend way too long on drawings and need to move on.

    By Blogger Cookedart, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home