Double Chin

Monday, June 12, 2006

STEGOSAURUS and sketches

Study of a dinosaur from a 60s stamp/coloring book cover. My theory is... in order to be able to use color and paint in an intuitive way, I have to just keep playing with them, as often as possible. Until they feel as much like natural extensions of my thought process as drawing is.
I'm having a love affair with intense color, contrasts, and texture. They make me swoon.
My favorite sketchbook stuff from today. Just making stuff up.
Oh, and this one. Was watching a movie with Sarah Polley, and noticed that she tends to look drugged/abused in her movies. It's the whole 'Canadian realism' films she goes for.

2 Comments:

  • Sarahhhhh!

    Your painting skills are growing so fast! I'm so proud of you! I'm really digging the colors and high contrasts on that dinosaur.

    You know, announcing your frivolous love affairs with art concepts is a pretty bold thing to do here, I mean, apparently you haven't heard the latest gossip going on about you. Let me tell you this, intense color, contrasts, and texture might be having a pretty sweet time right now, but I think pastel color and light wash are starting to get suspicious. Just saying...

    Anyway, enough nonsense, once again I like that which I see here! :D I don't have time to post much these days because of work, but I still take time to look, and I'm always really glad to see new interesting stuff pop up on your blog. Thank you!

    By Blogger Guillaume, at 1:14 PM  

  • Guilllllllllaume!! Horray, so nice to hear from you again! Glad you're still alive and well!
    And horray! that you're proud of my painting stuff... you are the painting master, and I bow before you! Thank you, master! ::grovel grovel::

    I still love pastel color, and light wash, in their places. They shouldn't be suspicious, but should realize that there's sweet lovin enough for ALL artistic concepts and techniques!

    Glad to hear work stuff is smoothing out for you. If they're keeping you busy to post in blogger nor comment on things, that just means that they're working you super hard, and you'll 1)make lots of money, and 2)develop some even more mad killer art skills!
    Keep in touch! hugs!

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home