Double Chin

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Flying HOOOOOOOME....

I have to get into a taxi at 5:15 am to go to the airport, tomorrow. Oh god. And because of my deep drug-like addiction to sleep... I'm going to bed super early.

I have still been sketching, but nothing that's felt relevant enough to post, these last couple days. I'd probably be able to find a few interesting bits here and there, but I still have tons of packing and stuff to do tonight. Luckily my parents have a decent computer and scanner, so I'll be able to keep updating and stuff once I get to Alberta.

Ok, here are a couple of the photos I've taken lately. I know, probably not as titillating for the viewer as drawings and painting and stuff, but I'm really really excited about photography, the fact that I know nothing about it be damned. I'm discovering so much about composition and framing, it's not even funny. Or maybe a little funny. heh. eh heh. ::cough:: eh.


I can't wait to get home, I'm going to go through a bunch of old stuff in the basement to make collages from; and I'm taking acrylics and watercolors along to keep mucking around with; and I can't wait to take photos of the farm and cows, and the grain elevator in Dapp; and two of the cats are going to have kittens soon (WHOOOO!); and I might make some crafts to try selling at the farmer's market, and my mom's going to teach me how to use the sewing machine... And I'm going to start finding fabrics that remind me of home, to make a swatchbook for inspiration once the Textiles program starts next year.

AND hopefully I'll get to visit my Edmonton/St.Albert friends a bit. AND AND AND I'm going to go to Vancouver to meet up with Eric and Eliot, and then we'll go down to SAN FRANCISCO for a little bit!! HOLY FRICKIN crap, this is going to be so awesome.
Oh, and I need to also work my butt off to make some money in between all these things. dammit. It'll work out, somehow. It has to!

OHHHH, and I'm going to go frog catching, too! Dad said that the frogs everywhere, again. Like they used to be, before the drought-ness. It's going to be amazing. Oh frogs I LOVE YOU.

3 Comments:

  • That sounds super dooper awesome Sarah! Maybe I'll see you when you're in San Fransisco, I'll be there 'till August 14. Have a safe trip!

    By Blogger Guillaume, at 11:19 PM  

  • Love your blog! Very truethful and honest. Beautiful. I should post some photographs myself. I've been really into that. Let me know if you have some Qs. Yea... the frogs... I was always afraid to touch the slimey things..

    By Blogger Firas, at 11:02 AM  

  • Guillaume-
    hehe, your new picture is really halarious, you look like a hippy.
    Yeah, we shall indeed have to meet up in San Fran, revel in the California-ness together!
    A safe trip? naw, I'm going to have the most excitingly dangerous trip EVER!

    Firas! Thank you so much!
    You definately should post some of your photos; Jennie showed me the photos from the trip to Annecy, you had some really beautiful shots!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "Qs"... do you mean questions? Sorry about my ignorance, it's just a shorthand I'm not familiar with...
    Hehe, and frogs... sure they're slimy, but that just makes them more challanging to grab, cause they slip from your fingers! hehe! You should give them another chance.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home