Double Chin

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Pygmalion


I've fallen madly in love with a lump of clay.

Well, she's no longer a lump of clay, but she was when I started to make her. And now, all I can do is feel my heart race as I pass her in the room.


I think I must have forgotten how much I love to sculpt the figure. Why must I lose my heart to so many different mediums? I love to draw. I love to paint. I love textiles. I love sculpting. I love papermaking, and collaging, and photography, and researching a million different things. And deep down I still love the possibilities in animation. How can I ever figure out what to do with myself if I'm being pulled passionately in multiple directions?

And some day, I'm gonna have to leave school and actually support myself financially like a real person. ::terror::

But... I'm working on figuring that all out. In the mean time, I'll cheer myself with infatuation with inanimate objects. And dream of spending this summer in Portland with E-dog. (psst, E-dog i kinda think you're super awesome and kinda sorta super miss you....)



oh, and as you can see, I've finally got my camera up and running again. HORRAY! I have more things to post, STAY TUNED.

3 Comments:

  • sarah.
    this is AWESOME. I hate you.



    I don't actually.
    -R.

    By Blogger Randeep Katari, at 1:19 PM  

  • well i kwow this..
    i don't hate you, and i sure don't hate that sculpture, she's perfectly serene!

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:21 PM  

  • hey cool, finally got the internet for a couple days and you post new stuff! this one is very cool... is that glazing on it? didja make the little candle holders too? i just got back from my family christmas in mendocino and this would've fit right in with my grandmom's sculptures... very cool!

    -eliot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home